Monday, September 13, 2004

eto na nga. . .

medyo bitin pala yung last post ko. . . kakapagod pala mag move-in e.

well, as all of you may know by now, i'm here in columbus. i'm currently in the cybercafe next to my apartment. nask. my apartment na. hehe. anyway, my place is pretty cute. it's actually better than i thought it would be (mababa expectations ko). i think justine posted some pics in her blog so go check that out if you're really interested.

i've done a lot of dumb things these 2 days i've stayed here but i just have to post the dumbest thing i did. morning of sunday, i went off to find my laundry place. it was pretty far off, about 5 streets away.off course i didn't find it right off but i did end up at my apartment manager's office (without intending to. . . himala ba). anyway, someone had to accompany me there and i decided i'd come back to wash my comforter. so i went back to my place and cooked and ate lunch (adobo, which i just realized now, taste more like estofado. . . too much sugar i think) then off i went with my big, bulky comforter and a few towels. so i get to the place and go down the stairs and smell the laundry smell and suddenly remember. . . i forgot my detergent. bleagh. ang saya saya.

but i figured that must be the dumbest thing i could do for the day so everything must go uphill from there. and it did. i met 5 new filipino friends (isa pala indonesian) who insist on giving me furniture and appliances.

so this week we'll be having our thesis colloquium and i have to pick a lab to rotate in by the end of the wee. too much pressure. i realized i know virtually nothing that can be applied in most of these labs. garsh. must start asking if they accept hapless, inexperienced, hopelessly lost molecular biologists.

this place has good music. they're playing dmb! kewl.

nga pala, may 3 cuties sa class of 20. ganda ng odds. sabi pa nung isa kanina magaling daw ako mag-english. nask. at least may reason akong pumasok for the next few days.

i'm paying $1/15 mins for this computer. better go now.


2 comments:

Aissa said...

ey ganda ng apartment mo...from justine's pics =)

jem said...

playing dmb! inggit ako.