Sunday, August 29, 2004

last chance. . .

as my last week here in the philippines winds down, i'm finding myself thinking of everything i'm doing as my last chance to, for instance, go to makati, eat bulalo, go to church, videoke at red box, go to tagaytay. . . no wonder i'm so tired. . . it's fun but very emotionally draining. . . and to add to this, i'm getting very little sleep at night. . . i'll probably look like a zombie when i get to ohio. . .

anyway, i had dinner with my college friends last friday night at greenbelt. and we established once and for all that however much we look the part, we will never be anything approximating your typical yuppie. we're too. . . something. . . i don't know. . . rough?. . . and we get sleepy very easily so late nights are not for us. hehe. and according to lei, she has never had geekier friends than us, even at med school! and here i thought i was pretty normal. . .

yesterday, i found myself back at greenbelt again (sosyal) for my last red box session with my best videoke buddies: my sister, mel, bea, patrick and grace. no disrespect to my other videoke-ing friends, but when i sing with people as good as they are, i feel like a superstar myself. probably had my most admirable videoke feat when i sang 'muli' with patrick (nask, regine). and singing avril and alanis is super fun. i'll soooo miss red box. going back there will probably be the first thing i'll do when i get back in december. . . iba pa rin siya sa magic mic e. . .

this morning, i went to church for the last time before i leave. siyempre pa, i bawled my eyes out in front of everyone, pero sanay na na naman sila doon. . . and i got all of them to promise to pray for me. yey!

after church, i went to tagaytay with my family. the trip was not so much for me as it is for leeron and zeth. they've wanted to ride horses since they saw the movie "spirit". anyway, they got to do that, along with my dad, who has never ridden a horse in his entire life! we also ate at rose and grace (my last bulalo) and window-shopped at the outlet store near there (nothing much there, mamplasan outlet store is better). we also had dinner at one of those garden restaurants. the place was called jardineros and you have dine there when you go to tagaytay. the food is superb, really. and they also sell fresh veggies and herbs you can pick yourself.

so that's how my weekend went. i expect this next week to be insanely emotional. bring out the tissues. . .

1 comment:

precious said...

we may be geekier but we are definitely hottah! hehehe.

saya naman ng last week mo. inggit!