Thursday, October 21, 2004

turning 23

I haven't blogged since i turned 23. . . yes, I am now 23. . . 23 doesn't sound young anymore does it? it's sounds so . . . in-between . . . alanganin. . . aside from being michael jordan's jersey number, what other thing could you associate with being 23. . . well, anyway, may poging nagsabi sa akin na 23 is a good year so since masunurin ako sa mga gwapo (pareho kami ni shie e) i'm hoping to have a good year. . .

anyway, for those na hindi ko na-email, my birthday went fine, actually, better than i expected. The Lord has been so good to me since I got here and He really went all out on my birthday. The 2-3 days before my birthday were dreary ( you know, they actually use that word to describe the weather in weather reports here. . . strange), especially saturday when it was miserably cold and rainy. But Sunday was perfect fall weather. The sun was out, the trees were changing colors and it wasn' so cold. I was soooo thankful for that kasi kung gloomy siguro, nagmukmok ako lalo. And I got a lot of messages and phonecalls that day from friends and family. so sobrang touched talaga ko. i went to church and had sushi with my church friends. dyahe nga kasi ibinayad pa ako nung isang friend ko. ganoon kasi ata dito, birthday celebrant ang ibinabayad and not the other way around. and then i did my laundry (kasi sobrang kailangan talaga). pero while waiting for my clothes to dry, i walked around looking for cake. hindi pala madali makahanap ng cake sa street ko pag linggo. but i did find one very good chocolate cake. i've been avoiding that place since then kasi sobrang tempting. . . so that's how my birthday went. salamat sa lahat ng nakaalala. . .

2 comments:

Aissa said...

actually..come to think of it...cguro yung tradition sa P&G na yng birthday celebrant din ang ililibre eh nakuha nila sa Cinci... =P

- d a c s - said...

Heya Jona! Um, *belated* Happy Birthday! Ehehehe =) Glad to know you're doing fine diyan sa kabilang dako ng mundo.

Buti nalang may baon kang Dramachine at Anthology! 2 of the best releases for 2004 ;) Btw!!! Have you heard of Marc's other band KJWAN? Sobrang astig! You MUST check out their album =D