Friday, February 25, 2005

friday night rant

it's a friday night and i just got back from dinner with cgsa. i've been so wiped out this week. i had midterms monday which went, well, i don't really know yet but all i know is that it's over and done with. then my project for my rotation went awry. it wasn't my fault really. they had me transfect into a cell line that apparently was not transfectable(?!). so they had me do it all over again with a new cell line. so i ran my rt-pcr this afternoon and, of course, there was nothing there. we're still not sure if it was something wrong i did (which it could be since i added 4 ul of cDNA instead of the required 10 ul. . . i couldn't properly multiply 2.5 x 4). but the controls worked so that shouldn't be it. or it could actually mean something, something i'm not sure what yet but i'm hoping my pi does. . . or i'll have to present a blank graph on tuesday.

sorry for ranting about research stuff. i really wish i could write a nice essay-type thing, contemplating my purpose in life, or reminiscing about things past, but i'm finding it real hard to get over the everyday things now. like why alka-seltzer and vinegar can't seem to dissolve all the hair stuck in my drain when it used to do that quite easily. . . or how i could get quarters to do my laundry tomorrow. . . or how i could get back to a normal sleeping habit. . . well, doing this does not help either. . .

i'll be going swing dancing tomorrow. so that should be something to look forward to. now i have to pick an outfit for that. gosh.

3 comments:

jem said...

it's really amazing how this post went from DNA transfecting to swing dancing in mere seconds. ;p

btflpenguin said...

quarters: punta sa bangko or supermarket magpapalit
drain: bili ng drano-max (yung gel pinakamagaling)
pwede ba kita i-link?

btflpenguin said...

quarters: punta sa bangko or supermarket magpapalit
drain: bili ng drano-max (yung gel pinakamagaling)
pwede ba kita i-link?