Thursday, June 23, 2005

taking taking it easy to a new level. . .

yep. it's my fourth day working in my lab and i'm still taking it easy. my boss said i would eventually get very busy soon. well, i'm still waiting. i'm so not complaining, mind you. this is really great! feels like that summer when i was working at msi. . .

i'm currently doing antibody staining of embryos which i've actually been doing for 3 days now. . . and would still be doing by tomorrow. this could conceivably be done in half the time (2 days) but you know those steps that say "incubate at 37deg C for 3-4 hours or at 4 deg C overnight"?. i (well, louise actually told me to) just happen to always pick overnight. and there are two steps like that in this protocol! ain't that great?!?

other work-related news. . . my desk is coming along nicely. i used my mini monet magnets to post photos all along the side of my desk. one side is wholly dedicated to leeron and zeth and the other side to family and friends. still lots of spaces to fill so if any of you would be so inclined as to send me an interesting looking postcard or photo or something that would be really nice. . .

boyps will be coming to columbus tonight! i'm cooking dinner since i'm woefully low on cash (or credit). probably breaded chicken of some sort and i'll try to make potatoes au gratin. and maybe coleslaw too. . . i'm actually cooking for another person. . . scareeee. . . for him that is. . .

1 comment:

precious said...

yihee......