Tuesday, October 11, 2005

haha. just opened my dashboard and who comes into the office? my boss of course. great timing jona. i don't realy have much to do this morning in the lab =) really. had to go to an animal welfare training course thing and have to get to seminar in an hour. so i can't really start anything now can i? . . . excuses. . .

anyhow, i'm done with my presentation, which went well (thank you Lord!). the moderators said i did a "great job" which makes me really happy. although i don't know how often they tell people that. . . my favorite comment was from a student writing on the evaluation forms which said "ease up on the (laser) pointer. . ." hehe.

we also celebrated paul's birthday this saturday. . . well, it wasn't much of a celebration really, poor guy. i did make breakfast for him (chocolate chip pancakes which he loves. . . i swear i'm dating a 12 year old. . . not literally of course) and he helped me do my laundry. . . he's really great like that. . . i felt really bad for that but needed to wash my coats and sweaters and such because it's starting to get cold. . . we also went out for lunch (which i paid for). it was actually kind of freaky during lunch because as we were paying for the bill and getting ready to leave, the waiter wished us a good day and we said the same to him. then he was like "oh, it will be because it's my birthday!" so there was a little love shared there between the two birthday boys for a bit. and he mentioned how he has a bunch of friends celebrating their birthdays that weekend.incidentally, it was also christina's and ians birthdays that weekend. . . and then i mentioned that it was my birthday next monday and the guy was like "it's my daughter's birthday on monday!" plus it's also paul's brother's birthday last saturday, my dad's this thursday, his sister's on sunday . . . and the list goes on. how weird is that?

anyway, after that, paul had to study ( he's not just, like, 12 he's also dorky. . .=) then later that evening we went to the waterfire art installation at the scioto river downtown. I'll post pictures later. basically, someone put bonfires on floaters on a mile's stretch of the river. it was rather pretty with the cityscape in the background and all, if it were not so frigging cold! after that we went to see "serenity" which was a pretty good movie and you all should see it.

so that's how his birthday went. i still think that was a much better day than how mine will be. i have a test on my birthday, lucky me. at 830 in the morning too. what fun.

2 comments:

Aissa said...

cool.. girlfriend na girlfriend ka na nga.. ano pala reaction nya sa gift mo?

Sarah said...

oo nga.. update mo naman kami sa mail.. :p
also, you're supposed to be lucky on tests on your birthday.. i always was.. :p