Wednesday, January 12, 2005

since i got here...

it's been 51hrs and 2 mins since i arrived here in columbus. as expected, i'm still slightly jetlagged but am very much awake at this time (which is 4 in the afternoon) which is very surprising. i am currently doing my laundry (surprise, surpise) and am killing the time between washing and drying here at this public computing site across the street.

well, columbus is almost exactly the same as when i left. i was relieved to find my apartment still intact. my pipes didn't burst nor did my stove blow up (thank God). although there was a leak in my linen closet which dampened my only clean sheets and comforter which is why i am doing my laundry right now. i'm really not sure where the water came from but justine and shie have been scaring me about it being something out of the movie the grudge. but i think it's because of the severe storms here in the past week or something. i sure hope it's not from the toilet in the upstairs apartment (eeeuwwww).

i attended my classes for the first time today. i seem to have missed a whole lot already. must start studying since midterms are on the 24th already. sigh.

the weather today is really strange. it's like an unexpected reprieve from winter. the temperature today is in the 60s (about 20+ deg Centigrade). the sun even shone a few times. and people are running around in shorts and t-shirts. and it's the middle of winter!

shucks. i sooooo want to go home........

1 comment:

JAm said...

shorts in a twenty degree climate?