Wednesday, January 26, 2005

whining

it's 630 pm and guess where i am? where else, but here in the lab. i'm actually the only one left here. they trust me too much. i mean, it's practically just my second day working here and here i am with all these expensive equipment and, would you believe it (?) lots of radioactive material. hmmm. . . what's a girl with mischief on her mind to do?

as you would have gleaned by now, i'm kind of in a murderous mood today. . . okay that may be a tad bit too strong but i certainly am pissed. This is just not my day. well to begin with, the weather really does not suit my usually sunny disposition. hence, my disposition adjusted to the weather accordingly. we reached a little above freezing for a little while and now we're back to the 20s. then, my laptop was supposed to arrive today (thanks kaka!). UPS tried to deliver it yesterday but i wasn't there to sign for it so they said they would deliver it today sometime between 1030-200. so i had a class that ends at 1015 and i almost ran back to my apartment but when i got there the ups guy has come and gone. and i got there at no more than 5 minutes past 1030. so i called ups and they told me that 1030-200 was just the "approximate" time. duh. wouldn't that usually mean that they'd be a bit late? but the delivery clocked in at 1010. whatever.

so now i'm in the lab and i don't like this one bit. rna work = too much work. i could be a bit OC with lab work but this is just too OC for me. and i also have to do cell culture work and that's just a whole other kind of OC-ness (what?!?). . . .

haaaaay. patawad po at ang downer ko ngayon. i'm in another one of my "what-the-heck-am-i-doing-here?!?! mood". i seem to be getting that more often now, since i got back. . . . when will winter end?!?!!!



No comments: